Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fabric as Art...

I've been reading and thinking about fabric....and the reason I 'collect' it. I realized that I think of fabric as art. Actually to me it is art in a two-fold way, first it is the art of the fabric itself...the color, texture, pattern, etc. but then it is art in an imagined way. What I mean is what many of you would probably understand...the potential of that particular fabric to become a 'design' or work of art in the form of a piece of clothing, accessory, decor item, or whatever the case may be. My collection of fabric is like a collection of any other kind....I collect because of an appreciation of whatever it was that drew me to the piece just as with a painting, sculpture, or anything else!

Well that being said, I have to admit that I have not started anything for my 6PAC yet, but I DID finish a romper for my granddaughter (they left 2 days ago) and a nightgown and bed jacket for my daughter who is having surgery tomorrow. I'm hoping to be able to put some focus toward the capsule tomorrow and maybe post something!

No comments:

Post a Comment