Monday, May 28, 2012

Skirt!

Just finishing the hemming of a skirt I made inspired by D & G florals (see previous post)....I will post today I hope. I have a black & white polka dot tank cut out to go with...and working on finding the perfect animal print to top it off. I have been wanting this for a LONG time!

I think I may wear this to a rehearsal dinner in a couple of weeks...but I think I can also dress it down with a t-shirt and flats! We'll see on completion how that all works out. More to come...

Update lol....got distracted by the polka dot tank. I cut it out and bust is too tight, too short, too little! So I went a-hunting on my fave sites and online and found this tutorial http://www.brensan.com/Garment/Techniques/BustDarts/BustDarts_FBA.html  for FBA (full bust adjustment)....tried it and it works (even though I made a mistake and did it a little differently for the vertical cut - went down the center rather than from each bust). I sewed the dart and so far love the results. I guess I will almost be ready to post this too along with the skirt in spite of the change in plans for the day!

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog from the 5PAC thread at Artisan's Square. I like what you are planning! BTW, FBA-full bust adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you looked and that you like my plan. I have so much going on I just hope I can get it done, but even if I accomplish part of it I'll be happy. Thanks for the correction about full-bust adjustment (I had typed 'front-bust adjustment'. I got that corrected!

    ReplyDelete